How to Trade Long Tailed Pin Bar Signals on Daily Charts

I often get asked if I have a favorite price action chart pattern to trade, and the answer is yes, yes, I do. Today’s lesson is about that chart pattern, it’s what I call my ‘deserted island strategy’ because if I were stranded on a deserted island and could only pick one trading strategy or signal, it would be the one I am going to share with you today…
Pin bars, in general, are my favorite overall price patterns to trade, mainly because they are simple, powerful and consistent. The pin bar has stood the test of time; go back and look at charts from 50 years ago, you will see pin bars worked then and they work now.
However, not all pin bars are created equal, perhaps you may think this is unfortunate, but if you learn to identify and trade them properly you will quickly change your mind. One type of pin bar in particular, the ‘long-tailed pin bar’, is probably the most important signal I have witnessed in my 15 + years of trading. Long-tailed pin bars are like the so called ‘black swan’; rare and beautiful and when you see one you stop and stare in awe, primarily because you know how important they are and how much money you can make from them, and if you don’t know, you will know after reading the rest of this lesson…

How does a long-tailed pin bar compare to a ‘normal’ pin bar…?

Pin bars come in all different sizes, but they can basically be categorized into two camps: ‘Normal’ pin bars and ‘Long-Tailed’ pin bars. However, if you do not know anything about pin bars, I suggest you stop for a minute and go over my pin bar trading tutorial to get familiar with them before continuing.
So, what does a long-tailed pin bar look like?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Get On Board a Trade You Initially Missed

Nial Fuller - Learn To Trade The Market

Your 'Profit Button' report (Surprise 1 of 2)